I have leftover pesto from my pesto recipe so I decided to marinate additional chicken for our packed lunch. If you’re not familiar with meal prepping, you may visit Meal Prepping Idea #1 to get a short intro about it.
Meal Prepping Idea #3
Roasted Chicken, Cauliflower, French Green Beans, Carrots and Kernel Corn
- 1 kg chicken thigh (boneless), cut into two each
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 pc cauliflower, washed and chopped into bite-sized florets
- 300 g French green beans, washed, ends trimmed, cut in 1 inch length
- 3 pcs carrots, washed, peeled, chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- 2 cans kernel corn, drained
- Garlic pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 190C and line baking sheets/pans with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Prepare all the locknlocks or tupperwares or lunch boxes.
- Season the chicken with pesto, salt and pepper.
- Put in a bowl and wrap with cling wrap. Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Lightly drizzle each vegetable with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic pepper. Put cauliflower and French green beans in sheet pan and carrots in another sheet pan.
- Bake each pan of vegetables for 20 minutes or until desired tenderness. Remove from the oven and stir. Change the oven setting to broil. Add the kernel corns with the carrots and cook for another 10 minutes or until desired color.
- Place chicken in pan/sheets and put in the oven. Bake for 60 minutes or until desired color.
Always buy fresh vegetables.
1. Don’t freeze the lunch boxes. I store the individually packed meals in the refrigerator up to 4 days, between 1.6C to 4.4C temperature. (I cook on Sundays and we eat them for lunch on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.)
2. I usually add the fruits and/or dessert just before packing into the lunch bags.
3. I put them in a locknlock thermal bags and they’re ready to go.
1. I usually don’t reheat them.
2. I usually drizzle them with balsamic vinegar or olive oil before eating.
1. I cook pesto in bulk. If you have leftover pesto, you can store them in your refrigerator for 5-7 days or in your freezer for 3-4 months.
2. I spent around S$1.50 per serving.
Have fun and happy cooking!