Before we left for the Christmas Eve Mass, I had prepared the other dishes for our Christmas Eve dinner. I also prepared and wrapped the salmon in the heart-shaped parchment paper. When we came back home, I immediately put the salmon into the oven, to be baked for 25 minutes. While baking, we posed for souvenir family pictures and started setting up the dining table.
Some nutritional information about Salmon. They are very rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids that help to improve control of the body’s inflammatory processes, better overall cell function, improve the transfer of information between the body’s cells, and better brain function. Omega-3 fat is also associated with decreased risk of numerous cardiovascular problems such as heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure and others.
My family loves salmon. I usually buy them fresh and whole whenever they are on promotion at my nearby supermarket. This beautiful Baked Salmon in Parchment Paper is super-duper easy to prepare and is a certified fuss-free meal! Baking and serving the beautiful fish in parchment paper really minimizes the cleaning up effort afterwards! I think it’s the BEST EVER idea for those lazy to wash the dishes after the meal.
- 6 slices of salmon (around 2-2.5 inches wide or preferred size for individual serving)
- 2 lemon, thinly sliced
- Fresh thyme or any fresh herb such as dill
- Olive oil for drizzle
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cut a parchment paper, 6 pieces of 10 inch length and cut in heart-shape for perfect presentation for Christmas. Christmas means love and heart symbolizes love.
- Lay a heart-shaped parchment paper and sprinkle salt and pepper in the area where you will lay the salmon. Place salmon skin side down. Season the salmon top with salt and pepper. Top with lemon slices and thyme.
- Fold it in half then carefully fold the edges of the parchment paper around the salmon to make a half-heart-shaped package.
- Place a baking sheet in a cold oven, then turn the heat to 220C or 425F. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot in the parchment paper.
Cook with love and your heart…trust me your food will come out perfectly! Happy cooking!