Alvin went for an overseas trip to Vietnam to talk about the “Internet of Things”. For my meals and snacks, I decided to prepare something light. I thought about what ingredient could make them more interesting, and roasted bell peppers immediately came to mind. They are one of my favorite toppings and are really easy to make. I can chop them to make my pasta sauce or salsa, mix them with my salad, topping for my bread for a quick snack, pizza, any burger or hotdog sandwich. There are many ways to use roasted bell peppers.
- 3 bell peppers
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 205C/400F.
- Place the whole peppers on a pan and place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the skins are completely wrinkled and the peppers are charred, turning them twice during roasting.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cover it tightly with plastic bag, zipper plastic bag, plastic wrapper or aluminum foil. Set aside for 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cool enough to handle. This process will help to steam the peppers to make them easier to peel. Note: If you’re using plastic materials for cover, let the pan cool first for at least 3-5 minutes.
- Discard the stems, peels, and seeds. Pour olive oil over the peppers.
- Put them in a sterile glass jar and cover them with olive oil. Cap the jar tightly and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.