Our family always starts our day with a healthy breakfast and a good conversation on the table. I really believe that this is the most important meal of the day. Eating breakfast is also part of our healthy habit to maintaining our weights.
Breakfast is important as it fills our empty tummy and replenishes our energy until lunch (sleeping also gives energy for the day) so we can do all our morning routines such as jogging, working out, etc. Though sometimes, we need a mid morning snack especially after completing heavy house chores. But the important thing to remember is that to stay healthy, eat good food and live with a happy heart!
- 4 pears
- ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granola
- 2 tablespoon butter, diced
- Greek yogurt
- Cut pears in half lengthwise. Use a teaspoon to remove core and seeds, creating a hollow. Drizzle lemon juice over them to prevent them from turning brown.
- Place pear halves, with cut sides up, in a baking sheet.
- Combine sugar, butter and granola in a bowl and mix well to combine. Try to shape the granola mixture into 8 ball-shapes.
- Press the ball-shaped granola mixture into each and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pears are softened.
- Serve with Greek yogurt for breakfast or vanilla ice cream for dessert.