Tomorrow is a big day for Albert because he’ll be joining his first Aquathlon at Sentosa organized by Metasprint. He wanted to join the triathlon event but since he doesn’t have a bike, I convinced him to join the Aquathlon instead. The Aquathlon for Kids consists of 150m swim and 1.5km run.
We’ll be sleeping as early as 8:30pm so I prepared an easy and simple dish, but nonetheless a good source of nutrition. Tonight, I served my family Chicken with Plum Sauce, Cauliflower Rice (will post in another recipe) and Blanched Baby Beans (will post in another recipe).
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoon red plum jam
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 4 skinless chicken legs (preferred skinless for heathier option but of course with skin is tastier)
- 2 stem English parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium to high heat with canola oil, brown both sides of chicken legs (about 3 minutes each, do not overcook your chicken else they will be very dry). Remove and transfer to plate.
- Saute onion until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until golden brown. Add the chicken stock and plum jam stir well.
- Put back the cooked chicken legs, half of the chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve the lovely chicken with plum sauce on top of the cauliflower rice and blanched baby beans or simply serve it with rice.