This Eggplant Mozzarella Tomato Boat is a perfect guiltless weekday meal after eating excessively during the weekends. Easy, delicious and ready in just 30 minutes.
When I was young, I planted eggplants in our backyard and they we’re easy to grow. I can’t really do it now since we live in Singapore and we have no backyard or no space to plant vegetables.
I always buy my vegetables from the local supermarket because it’s more convenient than going to a market. When choosing eggplant or aubergine, choose a glossy, plump and heavy to make this warming vegetarian dish. Avoid buying those with discoloration or bruises. If you purchase an eggplant that is wrapped in plastic film, you must remove it as soon as possible because it will degrade its freshness.
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggplant, halved lengthways
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g mozzarella ball, drained
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- Heat oven to 400F/200C.
- Drizzle oil over eggplant and bake in oven for 25 mins until softened.
- Meanwhile, arrange the tomatoes on top of the eggplant. Return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- Slice mozzarella, then arrange on top of the eggplant. Return to oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Scatter over some basil leaves and drizzle of balsamic vinegar