I have to admit that in posts for the past few weeks, I feel sorry for myself for eating more carbs than what we’re supposed to. What a shame!
Moving forward, this Cauliflower Rice recipe, paired with Chicken Plum Sauce will give you less carbohydrates than if you pair the latter with rice. Cauliflower “Rice”, also called Cauliflower “Couscous”, has only around 29g carbs according USDA. I must say that this recipe is mind-blowing without any exaggeration! You’ll be done cooking in five minutes. Just for your information, you can also substitute other high-carb ingredients with low-carb alternatives, like eggplant for lasagna or zucchini for pasta.
After a year of seriously moderating our carbs intake around two years ago, we kinda reached a diet that didn’t make us gain weight. (The downside is we‘ve accumulated some fats compared to before where we were leaner.) To know the estimated carbohydrates you’ll need each day, you can visit carbohydrate.net.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut in large pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- Salt (optional)
- Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor. (If you use bigger size cauliflower, Don’t fill the food processor more the ¾ full.)
- Process the cauliflower until it is completely broken down. (You can serve raw cauliflower in salad or cold side dish)
- To cook, in large skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil or butter. Stir in the cauliflower and sprinkle some salt. Cover the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Serve immediately.