I catch a very bad flu last weekend on my first two days like someone beaten up me! During these 4 days we didn’t had home cooked food except breakfast which I can manage. Alvin was in charge with our meals and everyday he bought! We’re not so used of buying cooked food. It’s really hard for moms to get sick unless someone will keep the world turning.
Today Albert requested me something with chicken and cheese to cook: Chicken with cheese pasta. I made Cheesy Creamy Chilli Chicken and Bacon with Spinach Pasta for him.
- 3 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 250g spaghetti
- 120g Baby spinach
- 1 chicken breast
- 6 bacon strips
- 200ml cooking cream
- 200g shredded cheddar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red chilli (Malaysia or Jalapeno), deseeded, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions (ensure you cook with salt).
- Heat pan in medium heat and pour olive oil.
- Season the breast with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in the pan and cook until golden brown – approximately 3 minutes each sides. Remove and set aside.
- Adjust the heat to low, place the bacon in the pan and cook until brown – approximately 3 minutes each sides. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté garlic until light brown (about 30 seconds) and add spinach and chili. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooking cream and ½ portion of the cheese stir for 2-3 minutes. Pepper to taste. Add the cooked pasta and other half portion of cheese, mix well. Simmer for 3 minutes in low heat.
- Slice the chicken and chop the bacon.
- Serve with pasta with the sliced chicken and bacon.