It’s Friday! Albert and I survived the first week with Alvin at work. The two of us took this opportunity to explore our neighborhood, community centre, medical centre, community pool, library, pay a visit to a new friend, and for Albert to join a football game.
We sent Albert to a football trial that went for an hour from 5:30 pm. After his game, we shopped at New World Khandallah to buy the ingredients for our dinner and weekend meals. I thought of cooking stir fry vegetable for tonight’s dinner but changed my mind because I found on-discount pork chops. It would only cost me $10 for 4 slices! These are one of those times I’ve got to change my menu because of good deals in the supermarket. This meal cost me less than $15.
I’ve cooked pork chops several times after moving to New Zealand because they are cheaper. I also noticed that it takes a shorter time to fully cook them and they always end up very tender.
So for tonight’s menu is Pan Grilled Pork Chops served with Garlic Butter Peas!
Pan Grilled Pork Chops served with Garlic Butter Peas
4 tablespoons butter, divided (2 tablespoons for peas and 2 tablespoons for the pork chops)
2 cloves garlic
400 g snap peas, cleaned, stem and string each sides to be removed and discarded
1/2 lemon juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 pork chops
salt and pepper
1. Season pork chops both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat vegetable oil or canola oil in medium-high heat. Add butter.
3. When the oil and butter is hot, add the 2 pork chops. Cook each side for 3-4 minutes or until golden, make sure pink meat. Remove and repeat with the remaining pork chops.
4. Cook sugar snap peas in boiling water for 3 minutes until bright green and tender. Drain.
5. Place butter in a pan over low heat. Stir until the butter melts.
6. Add garlic and saute until golden. Add peas, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
7. Serve with the pork chops.