Our family loves pizza! This recipe is not a dough type pizza but a low-carb and gluten free type of pizza. Instead of using flour, I used eggplant for my dough. I tried using zucchini before but I like eggplant more. Tastes awesome too!
2 large eggplants, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped (for beef pizza)
150g minced beef, cooked (for beef pizza)
1/2 cup pineapple chunks, cut into 4 each (for Hawaiian)
150g ham, chopped (for Hawaiian)
3-4 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoon Italian herbs
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
1. Sprinkle eggplants with the coarse salt. Let them sit on paper towels for 10-15 minutes and wipe dry. (This technique will help the eggplants to release their liquid. I learned this technique from Julia Child.)
2. Preheat oven to 205C/400F.
3. Saute beef, season with italian herbs, salt and pepper.
4. Brush the mixture onto both sides of the eggplant slices with oil, salt, pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes. (Not too long, else it will be mushy.)
5. Remove the eggplants from oven and flip. Top each slice with a tablespoon of tomato sauce and the desired toppings (beef or Hawaiian). Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes
6. Remove the eggplants from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese are fully melted.