This is the first sweet treats I had baked for Albert after his school started in January. I remember that he had missed school so much after a long vacation (almost 4 months) and later on, he had gotten sick and tired of being with me. (It was mutual. I also felt the same… LOL!) So when school started, I was so happy that I could have “me time” and more importantly, Albert could meet new friends in school.
I prepared this brownies for packed lunch sweet treats of Alvin and Albert. These brownies, with or without cracks, are the most moist and cake-like that melts in your mouth!
No Cracks Brownies
1 cup (227g) butter
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 175C/350F.
2. Line baking paper on a large baking sheet (37X26cm).
3. In a bowl, sift all dry ingredients (cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder).
4. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, vanilla and egg (do not over beat the egg). Using spatula, fold in the dry ingredients with the wet. Fold lightly until all the flour is fully incorporated. (DO NOT STIR!)
5. Spread batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.